Vista won't shutdown properly

vinodh

A have a Acer 6592g Notebook, running Vista Ultimate Sp1, with all the latest Acer drivers, and have the following issues:

a. When i click on the orb and then "shut down", then my notebook shutsdown and startsup fine

b. When I press the power button, which is set to shut down the notebook, it starts to shutdown, blanks the screen, and thats it. The power lights and everything else is still on and the only way to do anything is to hold the power button down until it shuts down completely. Then on startup, it gives a message about a incorrect shutdown, and wants to know if to start normally. If I do, the green status bar just runs and runs forever. I have to then hold the power button down again. This time, it give me the option to run startup recovery and after that, Vista starts nomally again.

c. If the power button is set for standby, then it behaves exactly like paragraph b.

d. If I leave the notebook unattended, then after some time the power saving features kick in and then it behaves like pargraph b. again.

I have tried scanning my system for a virus or 3. I have tested my ram. Everything checks out fine. I have now included my performance analysis file for anyone to have a look at. Any help is appreciated. When I did a standby, 2 files got generated. I zipped them and uploaded them together.

temp.rar