network not present

tteett

HI,

im trying to add network browsing support to microxp. Following what i think has built up to be a hundred+ googled articles i have finally got the workstation, server and computer browser services installed and running, along with the client for microsoft networks. The reg keys for the lanman workstation and lanman server should be ok, the networkprovider order is set to lanmanworkstation, but i still get the "The network is not present or not started" error when trying to browse the network. One thing that i suspect now is that the ntlanman.dll was originally missing even when the services and the client had been installed, so i expanded it from my original unmodified xp cd (as i had done with several other dll and a few sys files in order to install the services and the client) and put it in the system32 folder, but when i tried to register the ntlanman.dll i got a failure message stating that the specified module could not be found. As i understand there are some other files tied to the ntlanman.dll that i need to install, but i cant find any information on what those are.

So, i would appreciate any info or ideas on either how to get the networkin browsing to work on microxp, or what the files associated with the ntlanman.dll are or what command to use to install them automaticly from the unmodified xp cd.

-ps, the server part is actually working, other people can now browse my shared folders. The other way around i get the network not present error.

No, havent tried it since i didnt get any direct dependency errors..

On the subject of warez, i would say this is an issue addressing an nLited versions as well not just microXP. And since i do own a legal licence i dont really see myself as a software pirate becauuse of using microxp as basis (i can modify the unnattended key with nlite).

Anyway, the error message as "evolved" without any intentional interferrence from me to a simple message stating that the computer with the specified ip could not be found, eventhough it should be visible (example other ppl can c my comp and access it while i cant find my own shares..). This sounds a lot better then the previous "network in not present" statement...