File types

dpetka2001

hello there i have a simple user in my windows xp pc so i don't log on as the administrator and i'm having trouble setting the "file types" in "folder options "...my user simply cannot set anything...is there anyway i could do something as an administrator to allow my user set his own applications to open specific file types? maybe an option in group policy(just a speculation,i searched but didn't find anything as i can tell,maybe i missed something)...thanks in advance...

I dont understand what you are talking about. Log in as administrator and try changing the file type

-gosh

as i said i don't want to do to set the file types through administrator because i have my simple user and i forgot to mention that my sister also uses the pc...so i would like to do it on a per user basis...isn't there any configuration that allows my user to set the file types on his own?

is there anyway i could do something as an administrator to allow my user set his own applications to open specific file types?

Try installing OpenExpert if there really no option thru group policy

thanks i will try that...

well i tried open expert and though it is convenient in some of the things i want to do i cannot use it for some other things...for example i would like total commander to be my default browser and when i want to open some folders i want them to be opened in total commander...though i've made it the default action for the account of the administrator it doesn't apply to my user...so is there a way to achieve that for my user as well? that's why i wanted my user to be able to set his own options in "file types"