Remove unwanted users.

Hello everyone,

I have made a unattended xp dvd from my windowsxp oem cd.

I use NLite to create it.

In NLite i see that there are 2 users created in the tab "Users" called "administrator" and "guest".

I created also one with my name.

If i look, i can remove my name but not "administrator" and "guest".

So the result is when everything is installed and xp goes into screensaver and i hit the space bar, there are 3 accounts.

How can i disable "administrator" and "guest" so i can only see my name when i must login?

When I customize with nlite, I don't make any changes to the Users tab (keep default settings). I also disable administrative shares in the advanced tweaking options as well.

After XP setup completes, during first logon, I usually rename the Administrator account. As an added layer of security, I also turn off "Use simple file sharing" in Folder Options. Leaving it on will enable the Guest account if there are active shares on the computer. Now when I goto Computer Management, I see three accounts:

- Administrator *renamed* (active)

- Guest (disabled)

- HelpAssistant (disabled)

While I'm at the Welcome screen, the only user account I see is the (renamed) Admin account, nothing else.

You cannot delete the NT default admin account...

Either you keep the default admin account for recovery/backdoor-purposses and use another account as your primary account, or you use the built-in admin account as your primary account and don't make another account, allthough that's not really recommended, but up to yourself, of course...