Question about slipstreaming dotnet

Hey guys I am new to using HFSlip and I am trying to figure some stuff out

can someone help me with the few questions I have.

Right now I was able to successfully slipstream SP3 into my cd as well as most of the updates. When I go to Windows Update after I am done my installation I have few updates that I can't install for some reason. (I'll get to these in a minute)

My main concern right now is the dotnet 1.1///2.0sp1//3.0//and 3.5

I put the exe files of the dotnet's in the hfguirunonce folder. During my installation it launches the setups for the dotnet's but it always fails it gives me an error on every dotnet. There is no specific error it gives me it just fails.

My objective was not to push any buttons during the install I just want everything to be installed after I'm done my install.

That is one problem I have I'd like to have my dotnet's to be installed during my installation.

My second problem is I'm not 100% sure why during my installation it does not ask me to answer any questions except for the name of the computer and it I want to register my windows. I was using Nlite before and I would answer the questions. I'm sure HfSlip has it's own answer file but I don't know how to use it I downloaded the hfanswers but I'm not really sure how to use it can someone explain it a little to me?

Finally my third problem is there are 2 hotfixes and an update that cannot install during my installation which I don't understand how to slipstream

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)

and

Cummulative Security Update for Active Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)

and

Update Root Certificates that has no Hotfix KB number attached to it.

Can someone PLEASE help me

thanks

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

I install them from the runonce. There is no need for dotnet2 or 3 as 3.5 installs everything from 2 up. I recommend the net stop between as I had problems with the msiexec hanging after install and blocking any subsequent installs.

REG ADD %REGKEY%\014 /VE /D "installing dotnet11" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\014 /v 14 /D "path:\dotnet11.exe /q /norestart" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\015 /v 15 /D "net stop msiserver" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\016 /VE /D "installing dotnet35" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\016 /v 16 /D "path:\dotnet35.exe /q /norestart" /f

Some hotfixes in my load are done in the same manner, like WMP11's, since it is not present until after the load.

REG ADD %REGKEY%\019 /v 19 /D "path:\KB954154.exe /passive /norestart" /f

I imagine you could do something similar for the ones that will not integrate.