Exchange System Manager install problems

PnoT

I've been trying to install Exchange System Manager 2003 on my Windows Server 2008 box for a bit and am unable to find a solid solution.

I downloaded the tools for Vista and thought they would install by default but no luck. After some advice from another forum i stripped out 2 lines in the MSI with Orca.

Tried it and it worked for me if I deleted the following entries in the InstallUISequence table:
* CA_SET_ERROR_MSG
* FatalErrorDialog

The install did go fine but in Active Directory Users and computers there are no exchange tabs or tasks available.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

• 1 month later...

pNot,

The 2003 exchange console will not intergrate correctly into the 2008 or vista ADUC mmc, the design is different and 2003 exchange intergration was not put in. :) though it could be a great excuse to go to exchange 2007!

pNot,

The 2003 exchange console will not intergrate correctly into the 2008 or vista ADUC mmc, the design is different and 2003 exchange intergration was not put in. :) though it could be a great excuse to go to exchange 2007!

I've managed to edit the installer files with Orca and get the installation to work on my Server 2008 box but the exchange tabs are missing from my ADUAC and that's what i really want to work.