Question about unattended driver installation

Hi

Wondered if someone could point me to what Im doing wrong.

I have set up a network distribution share, under the share I have the following folder:

\\prod03\SP2CSHARE\Lang\ENG\sku\pro.sp2\x86\I386\$oem$\$1\Drivers\1. Inf\IMBA9454G

In my unattend file I have included the following two lines:

[unattended]

DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\1. Inf\IMBA9454G"

I got the impression that this would copy the Drivers folder to the local computer under c:\windows\drivers and also search this folder when autoinstalling but nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas what Im doing wrong?

maybe the " . " in the path

Drivers\1. Inf\IMBA9454G

I thought about that but then he should at least have copied the drivers folder over to the local machine, doesnt seem like he does anything at all with the i386/$oem$ folder.

I can put the $oem$ structure one space down so it lies in the same dir as i386 but then I get a $oem$\$1\driver\etc. structure on the root of the local disk. I got the feeling from microsoft support site that he was supposed to recognize the $oem$ folder structure and place it under the system dir.

if you download one of the drivers from the HP website there is a sub directory named ris with a readme file inside.

has all the correct structres to use,

I deal with WDS and for me to do it i have an image called XP_SP2 so where that is stored i have to have a dir called XP_SP2 which contains the \$OEM$ \$1 \Drivers Folder.

dunno if thats any help for ya

Think I solved the problem now.

I based the unattended install on Windows OPK tools which creates configuration set folders. When I put the $oem$ structure in the config folder instead of the main windows distribution folder it should work.

Thx for replies.