Change settings in an unattended Office 2007

OcDevil

Hi

I have a case at a customer where I need to change some settings in an installed unattended Office 2007 setup. I have made an MSP file with the Office customization wizard, in the answer file I have, among other things, specified an email server address, so that the clients Outlook settings are automatically deployed.

I am now in a situation where the customer have changed this address because of a mailserver upgrade and I now need to change the address. With an unattended Office 2003 it was possible to change these kind of settings in the custom.prf file in the \Microsoft Office folder, this file is not present when using Office 2007 it's probably been replaced by an XML file.

Which file do I need to edit ? Alternatively I have to make a new MSP answerfile and then reinstall Office 2007.

I hope the above makes sense :rolleyes:

I have managed to find a solution that works. Instead af a custom.prf file, you can configure changes in an existing Office installation in a new answer file/MSP file and just deploy this file instead of redeploying the office applications.

Further information can be found in this Microsoft Technet article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179041.aspx

Edited by OcDevil