I need help big time!

superlink1000

I heard that uTorrent was a good program for torrent files. I have never used it before and didn't know how it worked. So I went a downloaded it, and once it was finished I tried to open some torrent file i had on my computer(don't ask what it was because I don't remember). It never opened the file up so I closed it and noticed that most of my programs on my desktop had the image of the uTorrent logo. When I tried to open Internet Explorer it opened up uTorrent. I deleted uTorrent from the control panel and it made most of the icons on my desktop a blank paper, such as Internet Explorer. Once I tried to open up Internet Explorer it says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:" and then the only option is Internet Explorer which obviously didn't work when I tried it. Please post it you have a solution to my problem. Thank you.

P.S.: I am using Fire Fox

"System Restore" is your best friend, when some program install or Windows Update goes horribly wrong.

START > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Restore back to a time or day before you installed that torrent program.

I have to use System Restore at least once a week because of some lame program or another that wasn't what it was supposed to be. I rely on it so much, that I run a little script in my Startup folder to Force a restore point, every time I boot up.

I may get several restore points per day, but at least I have a fresh one when I need it. :thumbup

Good Luck,

B)