AutoPlayMediaStudio7 Unattended?

Teh_Tech

Does anyone have an idea how to silently install this baby?

Its an msi file, and USSF reports that

msiexec.exe /i "AutoPlay Media Studio.msi" /qb
should work, but tried it and AMS reports an "invalid key" message, so I need a way to somehow put the key in!

I have tried exporting it from the registry, but again, "invalid key" error when trying!

It is not that the key is invalid, as I got a fully licenced version, just 1 of them setup programs where ya need to enter the key during setup.

HELP!!! anyone know of a way?

Does anyone have an idea how to silently install this baby?

Try my script (read the instructions first):

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.2.12.1
Author: myName

IndigoRose AutoPlay Media Studio 7.1.1007
Application site: http://www.indigorose.com/autoplay-media-studio/

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Instructions:

; 1.Run the original installer (.exe file).
; 2.After first screen goto your temp folder (usually: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temp), copy the
; .msi file located there and cancel the installation.
; 3.Load the .msi file in Microsoft Orca or other .msi editor, goto CustomAction table and Drop Row
; the next Actions: CustomValidateSerial and ExitIfNotValidSerial.
; 4.Save the file.

; Script Start - Add your code below here

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

; Installer file name
$Installer = "ams70ev.msi"
; Serial
$Serial = "AMS-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
; Detect the Operating Sysytem type (32 bit or 64 bit)
$OS = _OSBit()

If $OS = 32 Then
; Installation folder
$InstallLocation = @ProgramFilesDir & "\VMware\VMware Workstation"

$PreviousInstallation = RegRead("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D7F8FF50-EEED-4F79-BE51-ADA945AA17ED}", "UninstallString")
If ($PreviousInstallation) Then
MsgBox(0x40010, @ScriptName, "Please uninstall previous version of AutoPlay Media Studio before using this script", 4)
Exit
EndIf

; Run the installer
RunWait('msiexec.exe' & ' /i' & ' "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $Installer & '"' & " /qb! /norestart")

Sleep(2000)

; Create ams.xml file
$file = FileOpen(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt", 9)
FileWriteLine($file, '<CommonData>')
FileWriteLine($file, '<Serial>' & $Serial & '</Serial>')
FileWriteLine($file, '</CommonData>')
FileClose($file)
FileMove(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt", @AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.xml")
If FileExists(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt") Then
FileDelete(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt")
EndIf
EndIf

If $OS = 64 Then
; Installation folder
$InstallLocation = @HomeDrive & "\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation"

$PreviousInstallation = RegRead("HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D7F8FF50-EEED-4F79-BE51-ADA945AA17ED}", "UninstallString")
If ($PreviousInstallation) Then
MsgBox(0x40010, @ScriptName, "Please uninstall previous version of AutoPlay Media Studio before using this script", 4)
Exit
EndIf

; Run the installer
RunWait('msiexec.exe' & ' /i' & ' "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $Installer & '"' & " /qb! /norestart")

Sleep(2000)

; Create ams.xml file
$file = FileOpen(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt", 9)
FileWriteLine($file, '<CommonData>')
FileWriteLine($file, '<Serial>' & $Serial & '</Serial>')
FileWriteLine($file, '</CommonData>')
FileClose($file)
FileMove(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt", @AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.xml")
If FileExists(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt") Then
FileDelete(@AppDataCommonDir & "\IndigoRose\AutoPlay Media Studio\7.0\ams.txt")
EndIf
EndIf

Func _OSBit()
Local $tOS = DllStructCreate("char[256]")
Local $aGSWD = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "GetSystemWow64Directory", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tOS), "int", 256)
If IsArray($aGSWD) And DllStructGetData($tOS, 1) Then Return 64
Return 32
EndFunc

HI radix!

Wow, its a lot of work there you have done, and let me say it went, installed & worked perfectly :)

I really wish I knew more about these things, then I would be posting help instead of asking for it!

Thanks again radix, your a star :thumbup

EDIT:

I really like that idea of storing the key like that, as with other programs that I needed a key for, I set AutoIt to type it in manually, which sometimes didnt always work well, so I will be trying this script for others to see if it will work like that :)

Edited by Teh_Tech

I really like that idea of storing the key like that, as with other programs that I needed a key for, I set AutoIt to type it in manually, which sometimes didnt always work well, so I will be trying this script for others to see if it will work like that :)

Different programs -> different methods to register. In this case registration info is stored in a xml file. Generally, the serials can be imported via REG ADD command.