Invalid Product ID Problem - Under XP

memoryinmotion

It's driving me crazy. I've been using nLite forever now without a problem. The only difference is the box with which I use it.

If I create a CD on the original box, it works just fine. If I use a different box (both are XP, both using the same XP CD and SP3 File), CD's created on the second box have the "Invalid Key" error. I have been hunting around for a week now, and only see this error related to slipstreaming SP3 under Vista. This is not the case here - neither machine has ever been installed with Vista.

Just using the simplest unattended configuration, I'm getting an "Invalid Product ID" message from a CD created under XP. Both are custom-built, non-proprietary boxes with retail versions of XP installed - and from which the CDs are being made.

Any clues?

Hey there,

I'm trying to solve the same problem all day long.

Things I'm gonna try:

1- Create the install on an xp computer instead of a vista

2- slipstream sp3 with the integrate option of sp3 itself instead of with nlite.

Still love nlite. Makes windows to live with.

Greetz

okay, now I'm angry!!!

After waisting a day I found out problem comes from either slipstreaming sp3 in xp with a computer running vista or slipstreaming using nlite instead of integrate option (in which case, Dino, I already apologize because you are to me the saviour of windows and I would forgive you this bug, though I suppose the problem is with vista).

Now everythings works perfect.

Long live xp. To hell with vista!!!

Just to be clear - I do not have Vista installed on the computers in question. One is running XP Home SP3, and the other is running SP2... and I've tried a third computer since writing this... also with SP2... also producing .iso's that bomb at the product key.

I have NOT tried manual slipstreaming yet, but I did not have to manually slipstream SP3 on the machine that does work, so that didn't occur to me.

memoryinmotion,

Are you always starting with a fresh source (not nLited before)? Perhaps you should attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Are you using a virtual system to test your ISOs? What versions of nLite worked and did not work? Did you check the MD5 on the DLs?

xophe, MrZoSo reports here that if you use Compatibility mode of XP SP2 Compatibility, you can make good ISOs for XP in Vista.

Good luck and enjoy, John.

Hey John,

Thanks for the offer but I'm of with a dynamite fast setup. I don't like using workarounds either, they always get back to you...

I used my wife's vista computer to slipstream and I swear I will wait changing from xp to vista till the very latest moment.

Nlite is a wonderfull program and I really appreciate the efforts nuhi and msfn make to make windows a good program. I'll check if vlite can do the same for those poor vista-users.

Kind Regard

xophe

memoryinmotion,

Are you always starting with a fresh source (not nLited before)? Perhaps you should attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Are you using a virtual system to test your ISOs? What versions of nLite worked and did not work? Did you check the MD5 on the DLs?

xophe, MrZoSo reports here that if you use Compatibility mode of XP SP2 Compatibility, you can make good ISOs for XP in Vista.

Good luck and enjoy, John.

I have not been starting with a fresh source, however yesterday (when I involved a third machine) - that was indeed a fresh source and had the same problem.

I'm using 1.4.9 now, and had been using 1.4.7 before. I had used several versions along the way, but not with any regularity. 1.4.7 worked the best on the machine that I'm not having any trouble with - and I believe I'm still using 1.4.7 on that machine.

I'm not using virtual systems. I haven't checked the MD5, but I'm downloading them direct from nliteos.com, and not a third party.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by memoryinmotion