How to do a bios update for my toshiba a135-s4527

nick94

Hey everyone, i wanted to ask all of those who know how to do a bios update. I have a toshiba a135-s4527 laptop and it currently installed windows xp onto it. I wanted to update the bios, because i beleive that i will get better performance like this and i will have more options. My laptop has phoenix v1.20 bios but i cant find anywhere to update it. Btw i checked on toshiba site but it only has bios update fgor vista nad i have xp now so can anyone help me?

isnt this update only for vista, or can i download it for xp?
I've no idea.

Anyway I would neither use XP nor Vista for a BIOS update.

Don't you have a DVD or CD drive? What about the CD-ROM solution?

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!!! i did the bios update and it failed. Now my computer wont turn on when i click the on switch. i do not recommend doing a bios update unless you are having problems. I did it and now i dont even have a laptop.

OMG!!!! i did the bios update and it failed. Now my computer wont turn on when i click the on switch. i do not recommend doing a bios update unless you are having problems. I did it and now i dont even have a laptop.

Have a look here some good info on bios recovery, ;http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=2105

P.S. never update bios in windows unless you realy need to alway do it in dos if posible