Once only log-in message - 2K3 domain, XP workstations

Hi all,

I have just made some adjustments to a couple of (roaming) user profiles on the server (2K3 R2 SP2) and want to ensure that the users check their profiles to ensure everything is as it should be.

I could email them but I think it would be better for them to be aware right from their next login (also what if their email is broken? they don't check their email straight away? etc?).

I've had a fair bit of search on google and couldn't really find anything that was even close to what I was after. Anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking there may be a way of a basic log-in script (using vbscript or something) to display my message in a window with an "OK" button, but how can I make it once only? Could I do something like remove the log-in script when the "OK" button is pressed? If so what would that look like?

You could have a script that displays the message, then adds a reg entry somewhere, which it then later checks for. If the reg entry exists, it doesn't display the message. If it doesn't exist, it displays the message. Then in the future, you can just remove that reg entry if you want the message to show up again.