Problems With SlipStream and SATA driver

bigmanjason

Okay just to get started the words slipstream and sata where unknown to me until yesterday. I have a dell i am working on with a western digital WD Caviar SE WD1600JD. I have tried several methods to uploading my sata driver but everytime windows promts for a floppy drive. I have tried the one on this site and i have tried nlite. Maybe i am just using the wrong driver? Is there a way to have windows, rather than sit there and wait for a floppy in A drive, allow me a dos promt? BIOS reads the HD fine and if i boot up without a CD, i get the start of windows followed by a dnsapi.dll error. I cannot load windows until i can upload that file from a bootable cd.

Could someone tell me if i am using the right driver for my HD? western digital WD Caviar SE WD1600JD. I was trying to us fasttx2k. I am so frustrated right now. I seriously was up all night with 15 different cd's all with windows xp slipstream trying to get this to work. If anyone can send me the img i need and it works, i will send them 5$ paypal.

Would i be able to have both HD's run in the same PC, and use one to read the other?

Okay just to get started the words slipstream and sata where unknown to me until yesterday. I have a dell i am working on with a western digital WD Caviar SE WD1600JD. I have tried several methods to uploading my sata driver but everytime windows promts for a floppy drive. I have tried the one on this site and i have tried nlite. Maybe i am just using the wrong driver? Is there a way to have windows, rather than sit there and wait for a floppy in A drive, allow me a dos promt? BIOS reads the HD fine and if i boot up without a CD, i get the start of windows followed by a dnsapi.dll error. I cannot load windows until i can upload that file from a bootable cd.

Could someone tell me if i am using the right driver for my HD? western digital WD Caviar SE WD1600JD. I was trying to us fasttx2k. I am so frustrated right now. I seriously was up all night with 15 different cd's all with windows xp slipstream trying to get this to work. If anyone can send me the img i need and it works, i will send them 5$ paypal.

Would i be able to have both HD's run in the same PC, and use one to read the other?

Just use nLite to build it... www.nliteos.com