Excel 07 Problem

twig123

Hey all,

I'm having some problems with Excel 07. I will randomly get an error "Not enough system resource to display completely" when just looking at excel sheets. I have done some research and found that old versions of LANDesk software as well as Bitmaps in excel can cause this... however... I have neither. I also read that the page file being too small can cause this as well so I changed the size to a range of 1GB-3GB, which had no effect. The error comes up randomly and can happen even in a new Excel sheet. Microsoft has a patch for this... but it is for Office 03, not 07...

I am lost as the where to turn next... any help would be appreciated.

Are you using XP, Vista, or other? In Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) under the Performance tab, how much Physical Memory do you have Total and Available (Free)? Does this only happen with certain excel files open or even with new empty worksheets?

This is not a memory error, but rather a desktop heap resource issue. How many apps/windows/etc do you have open, and/or how many sheets does this workbook have? Also, can you reproduce this with just Excel and this workbook open?