Very strange network problem

At work we use a domain running on a Win2k server. My workstation runs XP Pro. There is another client computer on the domain that acts as a print server that I can't connect to. It's also running XP Pro. In the past my computer would sometimes connect to it, if it didn't it usually would if I logged off and then back on. Now my computer won't connect to it at all.

If I browse the network it finds it but if I try to connect to it I get a "can't find user/computer error". It is shared and I have proper privaledges. I can connect to any other computer on the domain. All the other computers can connect to the print server fine. I can connect to the domain fine and all network functions work fine except connecting to the print server. Connecting to the internet, and email work fine. Browsing the server and all other computers work. And software that accesses the server for licenses and files work fine. Everything seems configured on my computer properly and just like the other computers. I'm at a real loss trying to figure out what's going on.

You metion "connecting to the pc" but you dont say how. Are you using a standard UNC path to connect to it e.g \\SERVER\SHARE ?

and if so what do you see at that point? are any shares enumerated?.

Have you also opened the file and print sharing ports on the XP firewall on the print server?

Thanks

You metion "connecting to the pc" but you dont say how. Are you using a standard UNC path to connect to it e.g \\SERVER\SHARE ?

and if so what do you see at that point? are any shares enumerated?.

Have you also opened the file and print sharing ports on the XP firewall on the print server?

Thanks

Using standard UNC path to connect. I can see the computer listed with all of the others on the domain. But if I click on it to browse it's shares it gives me the error "The user name could not be found". I can browse any of the others no problem.

The file and print shares are open on it and anyone else on the domain can access the print server no problem.