Installation issue with Windows Server 2003

khupnaulak

Hi guys,

I have a problem, which might be easy for some of you guys.

My system config is : Board Intel DP35DP (Media Series). Core 2 Duo 3.00 Ghz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, SATA HDD, SATA Optical Drive (Samsung), USB Mouse and Keyboard. Nvidia GEForce 7 Series.

Current OS : XP Pro SP2 (32 bit)

I am unable to install Windows Server 2003 on this system, have tried many times.. always got BSOD which says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL something like that. BIOS set to Legacy with SMART option Disabled. I am not planning to RAID or use AHCI, just wanted to use this single HDD of 250 GB and dual boot. W2K3 with XP. At installation all went fine till it reboots for GUI mode when the installation is installing devices... then it blink and BSOD. Never use F6 coz Mobo doesn't have FDD port. Any one knows what the prob could be or does anyone ever had this kind of issue.

The last installation setupapi log file reads

#-011 Installing section [Processor_Inst.NT.Interfaces] from "g:\windows\inf\cpu.inf".

#I054 Interfaces installed.

#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.

#I123 Doing full install of "ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_6_MODEL_7\_1".

(The last 4 lines)

The setuperr doesn't show anything..

Please anyone???

it should work, from your hardware configuration you shouldn't be having these problems unless:

1> faulty piece of hardware

2> integrated drivers in the install

i would run some tools on your system to see if your memory is acting up.

p.s. wrong forum subsection :-p

Hello Athreos

Hmmm.. what could be that faulty Hardware.. I am running XP Pro SP2 and everthing is just fine.. Also this is a clean installation from MS Windows Server CD, no external driver integrated..

How do you suggest I ran some system checkup??

Uhmm, wrong forum subjection?was thinking this could be the place. where do you suggest i post this on if any1 can do that>> :P

Post should be in the "Windows NT4/2000/2003" forum.

I can say this though. Win2k3 is much more sensitive to RAM issues than WinXP. Why that is, I couldn't say. But I have seen servers that will run/install fine with Win2k, XP, Linux, but if you put Win2k3 on it, it BSOD. And in all those cases, it was 95% of the time a RAM issue.