Huge image sizes

Guest Master Wolfe

Guest Master Wolfe

Hi guys, new here, and have a question. I've been making my own discs using nLite and ryan's with XP, and now vlite for Vista, for a couple of years. I'm just a user, no skills whatsoever :) but I think I'm fairly competent at using the softwares.

So, I'm using vlite 1.2 beta, and trying to make updated sp1 discs, with my info pre-filled, and updated using update packs from Micro-Nova. I keep getting images over 4.5 gbytes IF I use the update pack. I've tried using a clean non-sp1 vista, updating to sp1, then adding the updates and info. I've also tried using a pure sp1 updated disc, just adding the update pack and info. I've been using method one and that doesn't seem to reduce the size at all. If it matters, it's all x64. I don't recall this ever being a problem until recently. So is it an update that is making the image size so large? Or has something changed that I am unaware of? Pardon me if I'm rambling, old and tired :D and heading to bed when I finish this post. My system specs are in my signature, and if anyone has suggestions or questions, please post. Thanks!