[QUESTION] - Force Prompt For Credentials?

theorist80

Hey everyone. I am curious if this is possible cause I am tired of dealing with how they have our network designed. Is there any way to force all the computers on the network, that once you click any executable files (MSI, EXE etc.), that it will force prompt you for credentials. I thought that A.D. would do it for us with our Admin accounts but it will actually allow us to halfway install software and in some cases completely install software WITHOUT an Admin account. I want to be able to force the credentials prompt on any executable. Is this possible at all? Thanks for any info in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

If you can install or run an application with your normal login account you obviously have sufficient rights to do so and no prompting for credentials is required. I'm assuming you would like to restrict users from installing anything their little hearts desire? Try removing them from the local Administrators group, configuring Group Policy or placing your network install points on a share w/more restrictive settings.