SBS2003 Exchange Duplicate E-mails

swancd

Customer of ours is getting duplicate e-mails. I have found lots of details online to say that there is a hotfix available from MS.

Anyone know what I need to load on to stop this happening?

Thank You

What mail client do they use?

And can you tell me do they pick up their mail from pop.domain.com and send via mail.domain.com? and is that domain hosted externally?

thanks

Edited by eyeball

Hi

They use Outlook 2003 to connect to the exchange server.

Yeah, they recieve using POP3 and via: pop3.companyname.co.uk and send via SMTP using smtp.companyname.co.uk

The website and e-mail is hosted at a 3rd party hosting company.

They don't get duplicate messages when we view the e-mails at the web hosting's webmail service before it gets to the SBS2003 server.

It only happens with a few messages for example the other day I sent a message to user1 and user2. Then both user1 and user2 received the e-mail twice.

Thanks

Edited by swancd

Ah i see. Well since you tried user1 to user2 i believe they may be in a distribution group of some sort on the pop3 box. Do you have a login/control panel you can check this on?

Also has this ever happened when receiving from a totally different domain? If not then that would support my theory about distribution groups :)

Also are the pop3 connectors on the mail box direct to each users mailbox? or do u have any addresses taht are distributed to a group?

Thanks

EDIT: i just re-read what u wrote. Did you as the admin send the users an email from the SBS server? because that would indicate a problem on the SBSbox config for sure, rather than any sort of configuration at the external providers end

Edited by eyeball