Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5

Acheron

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally sorted out the problems with ArniWorx Shell Extension. I have rewritten the ArniWorx installer to be able to register image files properly by configuring the SystemFileAssociations registry section. However this only works on Windows XP and newer versions. When using Windows 2000 you should manually register AwxDTools.dll after Daemon Tools is installed.

• 1 month later...

I have updated the ArniWorx Shell Extension installer as file associations didn't work properly on a clean setup. Guaranteed to work on Windows XP.

Some bad news,

Daemon Tools 4.30.4 no longer support the ArniWorx shell extension and the developers have not yet created a similar tool. It is possible though to continue using Daemon Tools 4.30.3 with newer SPTD versions.

If you can live without the Arniworx shell extension here's the updated AutoIt script for Daemon Tools 4.30.4:

#RequireAdmin
#NoTrayIcon

$DTTITLE = "Daemon Tools Lite"
$DTVERSION = "4.30.3"
$INSTALLDIR = @ProgramFilesDir & "\Daemon Tools Lite"
$EXENAME = "daemon4303-lite.exe"

;Save Internet Explorer settings
$HomePage = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page")

;Read from registry the default search engine of IE7 or IE8 (to restore it after the installation of DAEMON Tools Lite)
$IEVersion = FileGetVersion(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe")
$IEVersion = StringLeft($IEVersion, 1)
If $IEVersion >= 7 Then
$IEDefaultSearchEngine = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope")
If @Error Then
$IEDefaultSearchEngine = "{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}"
EndIf
EndIf

;Clear default internet browser temporary (to prevent Internet Explorer launch)
$DefBrowser = RegRead("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "")
RegDelete("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "")

;Save mds fileassociation
$mds_assoc = RegRead("HKCR\.mds", "")

;Launch Daemon Tools setup
RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\" & $EXENAME & " /S")

;Uninstall DAEMON Tools Toolbar
RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar\uninst.exe /S")
FileDelete($INSTALLDIR & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar.exe")
DirRemove(@ProgramFilesDir & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar", 1)

;Clean obsolete registry keys
RegDelete("HKCR\CLSID\{32099AAC-C132-4136-9E9A-4E364A424E17}")
RegDelete("HKCR\DTToolbar.ToolBandObj")
RegDelete("HKCR\DTToolbar.ToolBandObj.1")
RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.mds")
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{DB885111-F39F-4D88-9EE5-C88460B6DF7B}")
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{3E288F79-03E4-4983-A48E-0D879B51FF19}")
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Lite\Data", "TB")

;Delete Firefox toolbar
If FileExists(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini") Then
$moz_profiledir = IniRead(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini", "Profile0", "Path", "")
$moz_dttoolbarDir = @AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\" & $moz_profiledir & "\extensions\DTToolbar@toolbarnet.com"
If FileExists($moz_dttoolbarDir) Then
FileDelete($moz_dttoolbarDir)
EndIf
EndIf

;Restore the default internet browser
RegWrite("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "", "REG_SZ", $DefBrowser)

;Restore the home page of Internet Explorer
RegWrite("HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page", "REG_SZ", $HomePage)

; Restore the default search engine of IE7 or IE8
If $IEVersion >= 7 Then
RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AD22EBAF-0D18-4fc7-90CC-5EA0ABBE9EB9}")
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope", "REG_SZ", $IEDefaultSearchEngine)
EndIf

;Don't associate with any files
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Lite\FileTypesSave")

;Restore mds association
RegWrite("HKCR\.mds", "", "REG_SZ", $mds_assoc)
RegDelete("HKCR\.mds", "fastmountoldfile")

;Cleanup shortcuts
DirRemove(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite", 1)
FileDelete(@DesktopCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite.lnk")

FileCreateShortcut ($INSTALLDIR & "\daemon.exe", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Daemon Tools Lite.lnk")

;Write uninstall information to registry
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayName", "REG_SZ", $DTTITLE)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayVersion", "REG_SZ", $DTVERSION)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayIcon", "REG_SZ",$INSTALLDIR & "\daemon.exe")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "Publisher", "REG_SZ", "DT Soft Ltd.")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "InstallLocation", "REG_SZ", $INSTALLDIR)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "URLInfoAbout", "REG_SZ", "http://www.daemon-tools.cc")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "UninstallString", "REG_SZ", $INSTALLDIR & "\uninst.exe")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "NoModify", "REG_DWORD", 1)

;Cleanup temp files
$search = FileFindFirstFile(@TempDir & "\*.tmp")
While 1
$file = FileFindNextFile($search)
If @error then ExitLoop
DirRemove(@Tempdir & "\" & $file, 1)
RegDelete("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager", "PendingFileRenameOperations")
WEnd
FileClose($search)
;Remove install files
DirRemove(@AppdataCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools", 1)

Edited by Acheron

Some bad news,

Daemon Tools 4.30.4 no longer support the ArniWorx shell extension and the developers have not yet created a similar tool. It is possible though to continue using Daemon Tools 4.30.3 with newer SPTD versions.

I have created a reg file to add/remove shell extensions for mounting all supported images, using DT command line.

tested on vista + DT 4.30.4. check out readme.txt for further instructions.

any feedback would be appreciated.

download here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iwkds7

Edited by applejack

I have created a reg file to add/remove shell extensions for mounting all supported images, using DT command line.

tested on vista + DT 4.30.4. check out readme.txt for further instructions.

file is attached. any feedback would be appreciated.

also, I forgot to mention that images will mount to device "0". you can edit the reg file though.

Welcome to the forum.

Tested with iso images and it's working.

Probably it should be better to use inf scripting because it can replace C:\Program Files with %16422%.

And what about add another reg entries for unmounting images (if possible).

Thanks.

thanks!

I do not know "inf scripting" and I'm only experimenting with registry files. :)

if I use %programfiles% in the reg file, I think that would translate to "c:\program files" while it supposed to be "c:\\program files"

in any way, the user might have installed DT to somewhere outside program files...

about unmounting... there is a command line for that, as seen here:

http://www.daemon-help.com/windows_integra...tches_lite.html

but unmounting is per device, thus linking it to file extensions would be pointless.

I can link it to desktop right click menu and such, but I don't see the effectiveness as you can always unmount via left click on DT tray icon.

also you do not need to free the device (unmount) in order to mount another image.

Edited by applejack

by "directly from the image file" you mean right clicking on image file and select unmount ?

because, as I said before, unmounting is per device, not per image. it does not care for specific files.

I do not understand the logic in adding unmount to only image file extensions, so you'll have to search for image files on your hard drive just

for unmount option to be available? the image file itself is irrelevant to the unmounting operation.

also, whats the point in unmounting anyway ?

edit: I have now checked DT preferences and was surprised to see file associations under integration menu.

so my registry file is not needed at all I assume. DT lite can do it all by itself (well, except .bin files)

also you can bind hotkey for unmountng... guess I wasted my time, but what the hell, at least I've learned something on the way.

Edited by applejack

• 1 month later...

I already had taken care of the search plugin by updating the script. I just had not posted it here. See first post for complete script.

;Delete Firefox toolbar
If FileExists(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini") Then
$moz_profiledir = IniRead(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini", "Profile0", "Path", "")
$moz_dttoolbarDir = @AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\" & $moz_profiledir & "\extensions\DTToolbar@toolbarnet.com"
If FileExists($moz_dttoolbarDir) Then
FileDelete($moz_dttoolbarDir)
EndIf
EndIf

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Unfortunately it's not possible to avoid installation of the Daemon Tools Toolbar and Search plugins so I remove them afterwards.

Hi!

if it can be useful, this is an addon from an italian guy:

[Release] DAEMON TOOLS LITE 4.30.4 V2/26.05.09

it's for the italian version of DT, but it has no banners no ads at all.

The guy was a genious, but doesn't post/update anymore...

Hope it can help (maybe you can try to see how he did it) ;)

Edited by BubbleBobble