how come people say windows 98 first edition is better then 98 se on

You would be the first person to ever suggest such a thing that I've heard of and this several years after both platforms are no longer supported - as a rumor I just don't think it's gonna fly, Orville.

98se is NOT the same as 98 Gold with or without updates. It's not the updates that make 98 Gold into 98se by any means at all. So far, your basis has been wrong on both of the only two points you had, but other than that, welcome and how's it going?

You would be the first person to ever suggest such a thing that I've heard of and this several years after both platforms are no longer supported - as a rumor I just don't think it's gonna fly, Orville.

98se is NOT the same as 98 Gold with or without updates. It's not the updates that make 98 Gold into 98se by any means at all. So far, your basis has been wrong on both of the only two points you had, but other than that, welcome and how's it going?

How rude.

I don't recall seeing anyone claim that FE is better on old hardware. I made the statement that it's slightly faster than SE on old hardware. That's mainly because FE is a bit smaller. As installed, it also has one or two fewer running processes. In most other areas, SE is better.

Rick