Remote Desktop

Tualatin

Is it possible to run a parallel session using a remote desktop of some sort to a local user account ?! Basically I'm looking for an alternative to Remote Assistance thingy.

In an era of dual core processors I am sure there is away :D

Cheers fellas.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Not quite. The technique mentioned above only allows you to have concurrent connections to the machine, however they have to be of different origins. If user qwert is logged on locally and I want to use the very same account over the net, the console account will have to be locked. Anybody know a way round it?

Hmm...this is a pre-RTM SP2 file. (Plus, it's not available anymore). Is there a way to patch the existing termserv.dll?

Have a look here.

Edited by Tualatin

• 3 weeks later...
Are you talking about being able to see the user's desktop so they can show you how they fubar'd it or just running a second separate terminal session using the same account?

The latter. As of now, I can either log somebody out or act as a second fiddle. I want neither. Thanks for asking.

So you want the workstation to act like the std TS on a server where you can have 2 sessions running such that the user on the console is not affected? You need to replace the termsrv.dll w/an older version (5.1.2600.2055 I believe) and adjust the registry, but it will probably violate the EULA and be wiped out if the file gets updated by a SP or hotfix.

Depending on what you're doing, could you just use psexec and admin the box from the command line?