Spybot 1.6 unattended - 1 solution and 2 question

phaolo

Searching for unattended Spybot switches I found lot of mess.

Well, on the site there is a complete exact list of them! (yess)

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

I tried those on RunOnceEx and they worked perfectly.

Here is an example (I didn't write the path variables):

reg add %KEY%\005 /VE /D "spybot 016" /f
reg add %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\setup\spybot.exe /sp- /silent /norestart /lang=eng /dir=\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Spybot\" /group=\"Spybot\" /components=\"!updatedl,!updatew95\" /tasks=\"launchsdhelper\" /f

\" marks nested quotes (runonceex)

! negates the component (spybot)

Now my questions:

1-I downloaded the "includes" definitions installer. Can I run them unattended too?

2-I'd like to silently immunize Spybot after the "includes". Can I run the program with the switches even if I didn't restart the computer?

Edited by phaolo

1. Yes, you can install the includes file unattended using the /S switch.

2. Yes, you should be able to immunize unattended without restarting; use SpybotSD.exe /taskbarhide /autoimmunize /autoclose

Also if your includes file is outdated on your source, you can run "SDUpdate.exe /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoclose" to automatically update the definitions unattended.

Hope this helps.

Edited by chaoticyeshua

Ok, it seems to work good (I wonder why the program requires reboot in a normal setup).

It took quite a long time to update though.. maybe because I forgot this IE window opened :rolleyes:

Thank you chaoticyeshua. :)

Edited by phaolo

If you are talking about the definition update you just need to add the parameter:

/components="!updatedl,!updatew95"

Check the complete RunOnceEx code above.

It worked good for me.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Yes, you can install the includes file unattended using the /S switch.

2. Yes, you should be able to immunize unattended without restarting; use SpybotSD.exe /taskbarhide /autoimmunize /autoclose

Also if your includes file is outdated on your source, you can run "SDUpdate.exe /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoclose" to automatically update the definitions unattended.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that! I've always just updated and immunized manually after it was installed. This makes things that much faster! Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

What does /tasks=\"launchsdhelper\" really do? Why do you want to start this during runonce ex?

Spybot also runs Teatimer every time you startup Windows. Seems the only way to get rid of this is do a reghack. But if you install manually you have the option not to run teatimer (or doesn't that mean "disable teatimer"?).

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...