Finding a switch for Tally

GamingX

Hi,

I have a pretty old office application by the name of Tally. I have uploaded the file to Mediafire at this link http://www.mediafire.com/?jetmpz5ejx1. I wasn't able to find the switch for this and the USSF doesn't find it either. I dunno if it does have a switch. But I need the installation to be automatic and completely silent. Does it need an AutoIT script? If yes, can someone do it for me? I have no idea how it works. The filename is install72.exe.

Edited by GamingX

Try this AutoIt code:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

; Executable file name
$Executable = "install72.exe"
; Application Directory
$ApplicationDirectory = @HomeDrive & "\Tally"
; Data Directory
$DataDirectory = @HomeDrive & "\Tally\Data"
; Configuration Directory
$ConfigurationDirectory = @HomeDrive & "\Tally"
; Run Tally License Server at Windows Startup (For TallyGold Users)
$LicenseServer = "0"

If FileExists($ApplicationDirectory & "\tally72.exe") Then
MsgBox(0x40010, @ScriptName, "Please uninstall previous version of Tally before using this script", 4)
Exit
EndIf

; Run the installer
Run($EXECUTABLE)

; New Installation
WinWait("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation")
WinActivate("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation")
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit1", "")
Sleep(1000)
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit1", $ApplicationDirectory)
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit2", "")
Sleep(1000)
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit2", $DataDirectory)
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit3", "")
Sleep(1000)
ControlSetText("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Edit3", $ConfigurationDirectory)
If $LicenseServer = "1" Then
ControlCommand("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Button9", "Check", "")
EndIf
ControlClick("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "New Installation", "Button1")

; Tally Installation Successful
WinWait("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "Tally Installation Successful")
WinActivate("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "Tally Installation Successful")
ControlClick("Tally ies 7.2 Setup", "Tally Installation Successful", "Button1")

If you want to install in Program Files folder, change @HomeDrive string from those 3 variables with @ProgramFilesDir

Edited by radix

Thanks for the script. Does this install silently or do we need to add a switch to make it silent? Can you give me a link to a tutorial of how to run an AutoIT script. I have no idea how it works.

Thanks for the script. Does this install silently or do we need to add a switch to make it silent? Can you give me a link to a tutorial of how to run an AutoIT script. I have no idea how it works.

If I knew a switch for silent install, I didn't made a script.

Install AutoIt program, save the code from my previous post as .au3 and compile it (right click->compile). Then copy compiled file in the same folder with installer and run compiled file (like a batch file).

I'm not sure if it's working properly. I thought it was supposed to install automatically. When I compile the script, I am greeted with the same install window that I get when I open the original file. But I notice a button in the taskbar, and it keeps flashing as X. When I right click on it, I see that it says Script Paused.

I'm not sure if it's working properly. I thought it was supposed to install automatically. When I compile the script, I am greeted with the same install window that I get when I open the original file. But I notice a button in the taskbar, and it keeps flashing as X. When I right click on it, I see that it says Script Paused.

I have tested again today and it's working.

GamingX

Just ensure that you have say, tallyscript.au3 converted to tallyscript.exe

Then put install72.exe & tallyscript.exe in the same folder. Run tallyscript.exe.

I tried it out on a clean installation of Windows and it works fine. Not sure why it didn't work on the old one. But how can make it go about installing behind the scenes. I am integrating the software with WPI and would like it to install behind the scenes. How do I do it?