Product key from windows market placeq

rdstang94

Ok this may have been asked already I am new I am sorry but I was wondering if I was able to make a vLite disk using my windows market place product key that is stored on there servers I have Vista Ultimate product key on there . So right now when I do a reinstall I have to A: use my Vista Home Premium disk then activate that then go to windows market place and enter password and such to get to my product key which is a clickable link that installs the key I am guessing then I can do a upgrade from there to Ultimate I was just wondering if I could use this key on vLite to make installing Vista a lot less time consuming. Thanks for everything. Also wanted to add in the key is in whats called a digital locker

Edited by rdstang94

After that product key has been installed, there should be a utility to retrieve your key or allow you to view it (rockxp comes to mind, maybe google it). It shouldn't be something super secret, so I'm not sure why MS just doesn't display it for you.

You should be able to take and Vista DVD and do a clean install using the key and start off with Ultimate rather then starting with Home Premium and then "upgrading".