Vista x64 boot/bcd error. Need help.

bokeron2008

Everything was working OK. I've been using vLite to build some test ISO and install them on Virtual PC. No problem at all. I've made... hundreds.

But now, suddenly, I don't know what's changed. Every ISO I build gives me a boot/bcd error when I try to boot the image, be it x86 or x64 Vista. Is the same message some people reported when building a Server 2008 image.

I've even tried burning a DVD and tried to install in a real machine, and the exact same problem occurs again.

I've tried reinstalling vLite, but the problem persists.

If I create the image using Nero, with the boot.bin provided by vLite... the ISO is OK.

I'm running a Vistax64 Ultimate, vlited.

Help. Please. !!

Edit 1: Funny, I'm playing with Matroshkas now (the nesting dolls, not the file type) with vLite running inside an vLited Vista x86 Virtual PC install. Created the x64 image. Failed again, but now the message is related to boot/winload.exe. It is related to VirtualPC not being able to execute x64 version... so this shouldn't be a problem.

Edit 2: Now I tried to create an x86 image with vlite-in-vlited-VirtualPC . Fail. Error is again boot/bcd.

Does it mean this it's not related to an OS problem ?

Edited by bokeron2008

OK, I've burn an vLited Vista x64. I've installed it. I've installed Virtual PC and vLite.

Every ISO I create ends up showing the same boot error as before.

I suppose all of this should be caused by a corrupted Vista source... but in this case, they have to be TWO corrupted sources, x86 & x64, at the same time. Both x86 and x64 are giving me this error. And I remember you... using Nero to create the ISO works OK

I'm out of ideas.

P.S. Beside this, the vLited x64 still asked my to create user, set time, language... but I used vLite to make this automatic. So this part of vLite doesn't work either.... though everything was working OK before. Am I cursed or what?

Edited by bokeron2008

You and me, bokeron. Just you and me. We will conquer the world, alone.

Thanks, once again, for helping me solve this problem. It's the second time since I registered to this forum that you've been the only one able to help me. This forum is soooooooo useful that I guess I'l stay here forever.

Well, your problem, bokeron, is :

YOU CANNOT ADD FOLDERS STARTING WITH _. So no _Extra, _Drivers, _Tools ... nothing that starts with a _

If you do, you're f***ed up.

Glad to be here and be of any service to you, I mean. Me.

Man, I feel like I'm sucking my own dick.