hotfixes

Lrchr

Don't be scared, or you'll never learn :thumbup

We were all like you at one point or another.

Actually, I came out of the womb creating universal images back in '79. :ph34r:

Hi,

I came out of the womb in 41, YES 1941, but Im still learning. However I shouldnt run before I can walk and at the moment as far as PCs are concerned Im crawling.

:wub:

first thing first, if you've already installed XP SP3, then you don't need to install updates other than those released after SP3. You may want to check out this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/Windows-XP-Post-...-I-t119895.html for security updates release post-sp3.

Since you mentioned you are crawling, you need to learn about CD/DVD images first, then jump into virtual machines - or virtual OS's. I would stay away from VMWare at the moment as it has a lot of features but more complicated and daunting. Try something simple like Virtual PC 2007. You will need an XP install ISO (a CD/DVD image) to install it in the virtual machine; hence, you should learn about CD/DVD images first.

Also, when you download these updates, save them locally on your hard drive. So, you don't have to install updates from the windows update site because if you do you lose them. So, instead follow the links in the link above to download them and save them locally, then install them.

Edited by spacesurfer