so many bugs on unattended XP SP3

1st : my unattended screen stuck on screen resolution and welcome screen and i am sure every bit of settings of my winnt.sif is correct (not fully unattended)

2nd: wallpaper isn't changed even for the applied theme (dark blue screen appears)

read this

it doesn't point to ..\web\wallpaper

3rd: no option for internet explorer to place it on a desktop on customize desktop section (display properties)

4th: language toolbar on the taskbar exist everytime i boot the system even if i unload it.

how can set all these settings back :

specially the screen resolution and wallpapers issue

Edited by Nepali

1st: yes, it is in VMWARE, does it mean it will be fixed on phycal PC

2nd: what will be the process for unattended to set the wallpaper for every user

3rd: how to bring back the option

4th:i am unloading it by rt clicking taskbar--toolbar--language bar but on next retart it will appear it again..

for the first one: along with the screen resolution, it also popup welcome screen and also prompt for the user account creation.

I had already set a user on t-13

will this one also be fixed on physical PC (running system)

59162156xh9.th.jpg

29469382lq7.th.jpg

25278409hg2.th.jpg

The resolution part will be fixed, yes. As for the rest just remove OOBE with nLite and NEVER worry about them again. (Only for VLK versions though, DO NOT do this on a non-VLK system)

Here is the reg file for the ie icon. Simply run it and then refresh your desktop, logoff\logon or reboot and it will be there again.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

Here is the vmware video drivers please integrate them into your disk when nLite-ing!

The resolution part will be fixed, yes. As for the rest just remove OOBE with nLite and NEVER worry about them again. (Only for VLK versions though, DO NOT do this on a non-VLK system)

Here is the reg file for the ie icon. Simply run it and then refresh your desktop, logoff\logon or reboot and it will be there again.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

Here is the vmware video drivers please integrate them into your disk when nLite-ing!

what to do with my OEM version of XP ? i cannot remove oobe from my system

so time i need to take my system to adifferent hardware and has to perform sysprep and mini setup as well.

the question is : why this welcome screen is poping up this time with SP3 ?

the registry setting only helped me to recover the icon but not the option in the customize section of desktop properties.

Edited by Nepali

thanks for the video driver for VMWARE, the problem is now fixed

i removed the OOBE from nlite as well, and working like a charm (its VLK version)

but the theme service is gone now, i will rebuild it again from the begining.

i used the registry to bring back the icon, its cool

i used the language bar registry tweak to hide language bar as well...

now i got a perfect UAXP CD

thank :) Kelsenellenelvian

For OEM i will search other option ..