Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
SnakeOiler

WMP10 from SVCPACK

I have never been able to get WMP10 to install. Everything else here installs fine, just not Media Player. Even if it is first listed, it still doesn't install. I always have WMP9 that starts up. Why?

;Windows XP
[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\SVCPACK"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
msiexec\WInstl31.exe /quiet /norestart
WMP\mp10setup.exe /q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /NoPID /Q:A /R:N /P:#e"
DirectX\dxsetup.exe /silent
DirectX\RGB9RAST_x86.msi /qb /norestart
MSIE\IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe /passive /update-no /no-default /norestart
qchain.exe

If a 3rd party app can do it, then I should be able to do it without that application. Lots of other people seem not to have a problem doing the way I specified above, so I don't understand why it doens't work.

If I run the command after windows has installed there is no problem. So it seems to be just a problem with it in SVCPACK