Boot up 'loop' when installing kb947562 (vista sp1)

bokeron2008

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the options I choose in vLite. Or at least that's the way it seems by now... every combination so far have always ended the same.

I don't integrate anything at all, though the MSDN ISO has some packs already integrated. I just remove items.

When I choose to update thru 'windows update' after a fresh install, check some of the packs and amongst them KB947562, it goes into a loop (installing 3/3 100% - reboot - installing 3/3 100% - reboot ... )

If I don't choose that pack, then everything works fine (or at least does not reboot). If after that I choose to install this pack alone, it shows an error, code 80070643... related to Microsoft Office ¿¿??

I still have to try a full install to see how it goes.

I'm using vlite 1.2 , vista ultimate x64 sp1 spanish (MSDN).The x86 version has the exact same problem.

Is this a known problem ? Is there a solution ?

Ok, I've tried a full install. No problem. KB947562 installed without problems.

On the other hand, I've been seraching about this update and there seems to be quite a few reports of problem due to this update.

But the fact that for me it only caused problems when altering the vista sp1 ISO with vLite, it means somenthing I removed is needed for KB947562. But what ?

Any comments or solutions to this question ?

Hm, well... bokeron... I have an answer for me, I mean, you.

It is related to Application Experience.

Should have known that one. Database or list for looking up programs and see if vista likes them or not. KB947562 updates it or modify it, so if you remove it, vista can't find it...

If you don't have any use for Application Experience, it might be safe to delete it and simply don't update it. If you wan't to play safe, don't delete it.

Thanks hmmm bokeron, for your answer. You've been really helpful. I'm glad I sucribed to this forum just to ask that question.

And thanks to all the rest of the people who took any interest in this. You all have my respect.