XP Pro SP3 + IE7 = Direct integration not supported. is that true?

today I was making a XP pro + SP3 + wm11 + IE7 using nlite 1.46

when it gets to IE7 integration

it keeps asking me blabla file is newer than the one in hotfix, keep the new file?

so I kept all of the new files

then half way through it say

"direct integration for this hotfix is not supported report if not normal"

tried it two times.

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe

then I follow the normal way instead of direct integration and it goes through. was wondering if this is normal.

You should integrate SP3 before IE7, is that what your doing?

SP3 -> IE7 -> WMP11 -> Hotfixes and Updates

Try integrating SP3 then finish/close nLite, then open nLite again and integrate IE7/WMP11

2nd time I tried it by integrating the SP3/WM11 with IE7 same thing

so is this normal or not?

Using nLite 1.4.6

But I don't like the WMP11 slipstreamer described in nLite web page FAQ section.

That's why I used the one from the article I mentioned. That just integrates WMP11 to your install source files.

And then you start nLite and integrate SP3, IE7 and more in ONE session.

Those two articles helped me to clear up some questions I was not sure about and it might be helpful to you as well if you read it.

Edited by mrkvo$oft

I dont use nLite to integrate SP3, I use the -s: command to do it manually, I then use WMP11 Slipstreamer to integrate WMP11 then I use nLite to integrate IE7, it works fine for me ... in 1 of those articles they dont say why to install WMP11 1st? Or are they saying you must install WMP11 before making any changes with nLite? I have read too much, it all gets confusing .. :blushing:

Using nLite 1.4.6

But I don't like the WMP11 slipstreamer described in nLite web page FAQ section.

That's why I used the one from the article I mentioned. That just integrates WMP11 to your install source files.

And then you start nLite and integrate SP3, IE7 and more in ONE session.

Those two articles helped me to clear up some questions I was not sure about and it might be helpful to you as well if you read it.

I do use nLite

and yes I have to do SP3 first

I downloaded everything today from microsoft I dont see how it would be different version.

as for slipstreamer with nlite works really painless and easy

So did anyone do the SP#, WM11, IE7 all with nlite?

I assume it is the problem with nlite then.

and again can someone confirms that the IE7 can be integrated directly or just a copy of the installation files

Thanks

in 1 of those articles they dont say why to install WMP11 1st? Or are they saying you must install WMP11 before making any changes with nLite?

There is no reason in that article, but I assume that you should do it before using nLite, because WMP11 installer for XP came out 1/15/2007?

Just my lame guess... If you integrate SP3 and then integrate this "old" WMP11 you will be missing some hotfixes?

The same thing like the initial post by doctorman.

I thought maybe he was using older installation package of IE7 and that was the reason for getting the messages about newer files that in hotfix (IE7).

Because I had in my archive the original IE7 installer when it was first released. But then I checked microsoft site and got the new one released the same day as SP3.

Same filename, so it might be confusing.

But he is apparently using the newest IE7 package, so I have no idea why it is telling him during IE7 install in nLite that the files on the media (already SP3) are newer that those in IE7 being processed.

At least that's what I understood from his posts.

EDIT:

To answer doctorman's last question

Ok, I had no idea what is direct integration and normal integration (noob here), but I looked it up and can confirm that in my \I386\SVCPACK\ folder there is only Ie7.ca_ file, no Ie7.exe

That means it's directly integrated I guess.

Edited by mrkvo$oft

Nice articles I followed are here>>>

SP3 integration

IE7 WMP11 Firefox

According to these articles, DST update is not included in XP SP3. But I'm not so sure, I think it is included because when you go to download the update, it excludes XP SP3 as needing the update.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure how it can be confirmed.

in 1 of those articles they dont say why to install WMP11 1st? Or are they saying you must install WMP11 before making any changes with nLite?

There is no reason in that article, but I assume that you should do it before using nLite, because WMP11 installer for XP came out 1/15/2007?

Just my lame guess... If you integrate SP3 and then integrate this "old" WMP11 you will be missing some hotfixes?

The same thing like the initial post by doctorman.

I thought maybe he was using older installation package of IE7 and that was the reason for getting the messages about newer files that in hotfix (IE7).

Because I had in my archive the original IE7 installer when it was first released. But then I checked microsoft site and got the new one released the same day as SP3.

Same filename, so it might be confusing.

But he is apparently using the newest IE7 package, so I have no idea why it is telling him during IE7 install in nLite that the files on the media (already SP3) are newer that those in IE7 being processed.

At least that's what I understood from his posts.

EDIT:

To answer doctorman's last question

Ok, I had no idea what is direct integration and normal integration (noob here), but I looked it up and can confirm that in my \I386\SVCPACK\ folder there is only Ie7.ca_ file, no Ie7.exe

That means it's directly integrated I guess.

Ie.ca stands for ie.cab which preety much the same as exe

According to these articles, DST update is not included in XP SP3. But I'm not so sure, I think it is included because when you go to download the update, it excludes XP SP3 as needing the update.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure how it can be confirmed.

You could try to integrate just SP3 then install it on virtual machine and see if windows update would give you that DST hotfix or not?

I might try it later...

There is also this post on MSFN.

This is what I found. On a slipstreamed version of XP SP3, the DST update dated April 2008 installed.

On my existing XP SP2 updated to SP3 manually on my laptop, the DST update dated April 2008 would not install because it said "Update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone update has already been installed on the system".

So, it seems I may have updated my laptop with this update through another avenue but I know for sure I didn't update it manually on my laptop as I do not see the older KB914387 or the new KB942763 installed.