How do i

D_block

ok, so ive created a .reg file which basicaaly makes my program launch at start up, and i also have d program to launch. two things i need to know now .

(1) How do i specify which location the program goes or can i set it to a certain location or do i have no control over it ?

(2) what program software do i use to do such a task

(3) how do i make it install my .reg link like other such program without the prompt only unless u have 3 party apps like windows defender which would tell you ?

..... i thought i said 2 questions.. lol

Fisrt, i think you should be more clear about what are you trying to accomplish.

1.- I understand that you need windows to launch a program at startup right? If so, you need to make an entry in the registry run sections (google for more info on this) and the location needs to be known, otherwise you will get an error if the file is not found.

2.- You can use Windows own registry editor (type regedit in the run box).

3.- It depends on the security software you are using, not Windows itself when you get those prompts.

I hope i answered your questions.

what i need to know how to do is to combine or pack the 2 files into one executable file to launch when doubled clicked . i already know how to make it run at start up, i have d registry file prepared and i have my program done aslo i need to make them one an specify where d program goes

If i understood correctly, you are talking about SFX archives. This way, you can compress your setup (or program) and the reg file. When executed, this SFX archive will import the reg file to registry and copy your setup (or program) to a desired location.

If this is what you want, make a search for SFX archives, there are guides on how to that with WinRAR and 7-Zip.

If you use HFslip, you can made use of HFEXPERT\PROGRAMFILES folder to put your own programs in it. (w/o knowing SFX)

You can also include additional command line executable in the HFEXPERT\WIN (or HFEXPERT\WIN\system32) if you want to add some more functionality in your cmd script