Auto Patcher

sopchoppy

I have just installed a new windows 98 SE operating system on a computer. I have attempted to run Auto Patcher but I continue to get the following error message followed by a freeze up and then the BSOD which means that I have to manually shut down the computer.

The error message is as follows:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated.

Quit all programs, and then restart your computer.

If the program consistently encounters problems, chick the START button, then select HELP, TROUBLESHOOTING AND "if you have trouble running MS DOS programs.

It then tells you to right click on the program go to properties/advanced and check the prevent MS DOS recognition box aand attempt to run the program. If the same situation occurs, then go through the same process and UNCHECK the box.

I have gone through both of those scenarios and I still get the error message. Can you help? I am running the Dec. 2007 Auto Patcher program.

Thanks

Hi sopchoppy,

You should post your query in the Auto-Patcher 98 topic:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Auto-Patcher-For...ish-t80800.html

Is the error occuring when you run the downloaded exe?

This extracts all the installer files and sets up some Start Menu shortcuts.

If this step is not completing, then you won't even be able to run Auto-Patcher proper.

RetroOS - thanks for the reply. Yes, when I attempt to execute START_ME I get the error message. I will follow your advice and post my question on the site that you recommended.

Thanks for the help.

Sopchoppy

• 2 weeks later...
RetroOS - thanks for the reply. Yes, when I attempt to execute START_ME I get the error message. I will follow your advice and post my question on the site that you recommended.

Thanks for the help.

Sopchoppy

Please post in the appropriate thread which is on THIS site. I get emails when you post in that thread, as you didn't, i didn't know you had a problem. That's what didn't does.