Office 2003 error message 10064

anthonyaudi

Hello I am having a problem with a user (user 1) trying to access another user (user 2) calender.

The user (user 1) can access other people's calenders however she cannot access his.

user 2 can connect too other random user's calenders

These 2 users can connect to anyone else's shared calender in the company however they cannot connect to each other.

The error message I get it

OfficeErrorMessage ID 10064

The user is trying to access a mailbox that is not part of an exchange server.

We are using Active Directory and Server 2003 R2 with Office 2003 SP3

Thanks for the quick response however I'm not really sure why the destination host would be down..

The emails are all working fine User1 just cannot connect to User2 calender.

The error from USER1's pc is telling me that she cannot connect to user2 because his mailbox is not present in the exchange server.

They are both on the same exchange server and it is only her that connect connect to him.

Any other ideas what it can be???

Thanks for the quick response however I'm not really sure why the destination host would be down..

The emails are all working fine User1 just cannot connect to User2 calender.

The error from USER1's pc is telling me that she cannot connect to user2 because his mailbox is not present in the exchange server.

They are both on the same exchange server and it is only her that connect connect to him.

Any other ideas what it can be???

Actually, I think the error is valid - do you have a network trace of one client trying to connect to the other client's exchange mailbox? I'm betting you'll see network errors...

my question is..if the error is valid why would user1 be able to connect to any other users shared calender and not user2 calender in particular?

that is what is throwing me off a little bit about this situation.

why would the host only be down connecting to this particular persons calender and not anyone elses?

my question is..if the error is valid why would user1 be able to connect to any other users shared calender and not user2 calender in particular?

that is what is throwing me off a little bit about this situation.

why would the host only be down connecting to this particular persons calender and not anyone elses?

I'm not sure, that's why you need to take a look at a network trace of it occurring to see what *actually* happened along the wire. I don't know if that error is valid or not, and as such what is being sent to/from the Exchange server, and the actual error that comes back over the network, are very important.

It makes no sense, which means something is obviously amiss - but I don't think there's anyone that's gonna have a quick-fix answer for this. With that in mind, you have to start somewhere in troubleshooting it :). I'd say a network trace to see what the exchange server actually sent back is a good starting point.

okie dokie i will try to do that its a pretty long process to do it i have to redirect all her traffic to another computer so i can see what she is doing and what is happening when she sends the request to go into the mailbox.

ill try to do it this afternoon if not i will do it monday!

ill keep you guys posted because yes it does not make sense heh and i would like to understand a little more why such an error is occuring

ty!