Web Browser

So If I set Firefox as my default web browser in windows, when I go to an Microsoft Office Application and click on the check for updates button, it tries opening up the default web browser to Microsoft's page when it dam well knows nothing but IE will work on their page. So here is the thing: I know it wasn't going to work and Microsoft knows this also. Why even give windows the ability to change the default web browser when Microsoft's applications they right only support IE as the default web browser. The problem is not selecting the default web browser. The problem is Microsoft "Idea" of a web browser and the standardization of what is considered a web browser. I want to know the correct procedure on how to get this fixed. If it needs more than the capability of reading more than html can you really call it a web browser still?

I guess this is less of an Operating system issue and more of a Microsoft Application issue. They should be issuing a command for a "windows update client" and not a "web browser" is the thing but there is no "windows update client"

Well, I can't speak to your rant, but I can tell you that there is a Windows Update client in Vista. Doesn't help you, and I don't think what you're asking is possible with the current codebase in XP/2003 or 2000.

As to why not give the option, have you ever heard of the United States Department Of Justice (DOJ)? Microsoft has to do this because of them, directly.