Ris and Dell Optiplex 330

We have just recieved some of the above mentioned Dell's and were having problems installing them with RIS, however i have finally!! managed to crack the problem with the network drivers not being found, only to be presented with another one...

After it loads the setup files and goes on to say Setup is starting (black screen), it just blue screens and does not start the actual setup process.

I have tried two different images and they both do the same, im thinking it may be a problem with the network drivers i have just added, or maybe something else, but apart from that im clueless.

Please can anyone help me?

• 3 months later...

I've been having the same problem with the 330's but found this thread which prompted me to change the sata operation from AHCI to ATA which did the job!

This has been my first attempt at building a UXPCD and has been driving me utterly mad. I urge anyone that has a 330 in a corporate environment to change this bios setting as soon as they arrive in the office.

Also my thanks to MSFN and its users for all of the help that I've found in these forums!