Hello MSFN Members

Hi all, I am brand new to MSFN and am very pleased to be included. Of all the forums I have participated in this is by far the most professional and helpful. I am new to computer technology, only been learning for three years now. I have not received any formal education, (except an Introduction to Microcomputers way back in 1994!) and have taught myself what little I know today. I dragged my husband into building a couple of systems and have learned a lot. We built a light system to house Windows Home Server, and most recently finally built my Vista Ultimate machine. We shopped sales and slowly compiled all the parts. After shopping for nearly eight months we finally bought the video card and got to the task of building. We made a huge mistake in not adding the "additional" SATA drivers and so our nice SATA disk is running in IDE mode and we will have to reinstall in order to change that setting and enable all the advanced features that AHCI offers. We are puzzled as to why a SATA disk would load as IDE, not SATA, and be required to add SATA drivers when we didn't have to add IDE drivers. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot from all the experts in this forum. Good Online resources and advice can be hard to come by, so I am thrilled to find MSFN. I have sifted through tons of information on the Internet, never knowing if the information is valid, and having to spend countless hours attempting to verify prior to actually implementing.

Please have patience with what will soon be my incessant questions! I have a quizzical mind and one idea leads to another and so forth and so on. I also have a tendency to talk too much, but I will attempt to keep to the point.

Hello all, and again, thanks to everyone for this forum and allowing me to participate.

Serenity

• 2 weeks later...