Activation Broken

troxo

Hi,

After having slipstreamed an original windows vista (x86) with service pack 1. I installed it on my computer and activated it: Everything worked.

Then I decided to remove some components, and after reformatting and trying to activate, it just wont let me. It stays at "30 days left...", though my key is installed.

So, I am wondering: Is there anything in vlite that could possibly be needed for the activation feature?

Hi,

After having slipstreamed an original windows vista (x86) with service pack 1. I installed it on my computer and activated it: Everything worked.

Then I decided to remove some components, and after reformatting and trying to activate, it just wont let me. It stays at "30 days left...", though my key is installed.

So, I am wondering: Is there anything in vlite that could possibly be needed for the activation feature?

Like this I say no. If I'm wrong someone will tell you.

before going further, Check if you have enter the right key. once i made this mistake by doing copy-paste in unattended part. I just copy twice the same character and i couldn't activate. Sometime when you update your drivers you have to activate again but according to what you say i don't this is the problem. When you try to activate and it failed it give you a link check to see what's wrong with it

Edited by hannubys

MDAC or Event Log.

Keep both for now.

On the install I talked about in my first post, I did remove MDAC but kept Event Log.

I'm making a new one now, with both kept. Will be back with info when I'm done.