UAC active but no popups are shown

i have a strange problem...it seems that when i enable the local administrator account in windows vista

during the unattended setup (specialize phase -> RunSynchrounus Command) with this command line:

net user Administrator /active:yes

...that no UAC popup window appears when i start e.g. regedit.exe or lusrmgr.msc.

The UAC is listed as "running" in control panel. So what's the problem?

I want UAC to be enabled and the popups the be shown...

If you are actually logging in with the local administrator account, UAC is not enabled on that account (it has full access). You need to create a NEW account (preferrably not administrative) to use UAC.

i just noticed that only members of the local "users" group can start regedit.exe .... without getting the uac popup message!

All members of the local "administrators" group get the message...what is correctly

i just noticed that only members of the local "users" group can start regedit.exe .... without getting the uac popup message!

All members of the local "administrators" group get the message...what is correctly

If that's the case, something's broken...

What version of Vista is this, and did you use vLite on it at all?

its business no i dont use vLite!

I just did some testing!

Clean manually DVD Installation:

- User created during setup - is getting uac messages

- User created afterwards with membership in group "administrators" - is getting uac messages

- User created afterwards with membership in group "users" - is NOT getting uac messages

- After all this test...enabled BuiltIn Administrator account - is NOT getting uac messages

One more clean DVD installation and sysprepped with my administrator enable command line

-The same result as listed above

So that all seems default..no bug! Do you have the same results?

Summary:

-The BuiltIn Admin Account is never getting the UAC message

-Users with local Administrator rights get the message

-Users without local Administrator right does not get the message, because they have no rights to dstroy something....open regedit.exe is working but not changing something

Well, technically a user can try to do something that would require admin access (like open regedit), but I believe that should give them a basic UAC prompt asking for a username and password from an admin user account. I'm not sure they aren't supposed to get NO prompts, but that could be what you're attempting to do.

If you create a shortcut to regedit.exe on the desktop and then right-click "run as administrator" as a normal user, do you get any prompt?