toshiba laptop xp problem

avix

hey guys, so the problem:

installed a fresh copy of xp on my toshiba L40 satellite pro laptop, i downloaded all the drivers from the toshiba site and they all work ok,

but a few things are annoying me, first off my FN (2nd function key) for my sound control doesnt work anymore, and the light for my wireless doesnt come on?? also the @ and " have switched around on the keyboard, i can live with the problems but does anyone know of a driver or a solution?!

thanks

Avix

As far as the wireless light goes, if the light doesn't work and the wireless isn't working then it sounds like either your wireless device is disabled or not working at all. If it's not working at all, I say try getting warrenty work done or get a new USB one.

hey guys, so the problem:

installed a fresh copy of xp on my toshiba L40 satellite pro laptop, i downloaded all the drivers from the toshiba site and they all work ok,

but a few things are annoying me, first off my FN (2nd function key) for my sound control doesnt work anymore, and the light for my wireless doesnt come on?? also the @ and " have switched around on the keyboard, i can live with the problems but does anyone know of a driver or a solution?!

thanks

Avix

Well, working drivers may have installed, but their may be *better* drivers for your keyboard pad and/or additional software required for full functionality.

If the light doesn't come on for wireless, but the wireless connection still works, it may be the same deal, where there were additional drivers/software that controlled the light on the device...or maybe the light doesn't work anymore.

The Flash is right on the light deal. I've seen this done before myself on a Toshiba. I've also seen when the wireless goes bad the light wouldn't turn off, so I even disabled the NIC and the light was still on.