Unhandled exception "No more files" in nLite

gewe

I have installed nLite 1.4.5 on Windows XP Pro SP2 (Dutch language version).

When I run it, I have to select the directory containing the Windows XP installation files. After selecting the directory I get the error message:

System.IO.IOException: Er zijn geen bestanden meer.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at . .()

at . .WndProc(Message& )

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any idea what is wrong? I first tried pointing to the XP Pro SP2 installation CD, but then I got the message after nLite copied the files. I then tried copying the files to a directory, and point nLite to that directory. Then I get the message immediately after selecting the directory. I tried again after removing the read-only attribute (as I read in another thread on this forum), but that does not solve the problem.

What is wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

I placed the files in a folder on a mapped drive (drive letter V:, full control in folder). After I moved them to a local drive, nLite worked without a problem.

So somehow nLite doesn't like a mapped drive, but has a funny way of telling that.