Running Slower and lost IR Receiver?

kturcotte

Just installed "Vista Lite" and I'm having problems. Everything's actually running slower than with the full install. Any ideas why this may happen?

Also, I have an HP IR Remote Receiver, and that's not working anymore. It's model ovu400102/00. Any ideas what I may have done to disable it?

Well attach your preset.

If you removed Infrared support that should do it.

But claiming that it goes slower makes no sense. Only thing that could give that impression is if you removed Superfetch service which precaches and loads parts of programs into memory to start faster.

Btw Selected means removed, in the Components page.

Edited by nuhi

I contacted HP about the IR Reciever (They made it). Apparently that can't work on it's own, it requires Media Center, which I disabled.

As far as running slower, the computer locks up quite a bit, and the processor is usually at 100% usage. I didn't have that problem with the original Vista. No hardware or anything has changed.

Edited by kturcotte

I contacted HP about the IR Reciever (They made it). Apparently that can't work on it's own, it requires Media Center, which I disabled.

As far as running slower, the computer locks up quite a bit, and the processor is usually at 100% usage. I didn't have that problem with the original Vista. No hardware or anything has changed.

Check the running processes from task manager to see whats taking so much CPU resources.

kturcotte, how does CPU usage of 100% relates to removed components?

As Tomorrow already said check your Task manager and see what is taking it and then uninstall that program or lets see which and why, if it is even related.

• 4 weeks later...

Reinstalled so that Media Center was included, and my IR Remote Receiver is now working. However, I'm still having the speed issues. I'm talking almost 0% CPU usage, and I open a folder, and it shoots right up to 100% and everything freezes for about 30 seconds. Same when I close a folder. As far as what's running? I have Firefox & AVG Anti-Virus running, and whatever Windows has running. It says it's eating up about 1.15 GBs of my 2 GBs of RAM. I'm also running an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.6 Ghz with Hyper Threading, and an ATI Radeon X700 Pro video card with 256 MBs of DDR3 RAM connected via PCI-E.

Reinstalled so that Media Center was included, and my IR Remote Receiver is now working. However, I'm still having the speed issues. I'm talking almost 0% CPU usage, and I open a folder, and it shoots right up to 100% and everything freezes for about 30 seconds. Same when I close a folder. As far as what's running? I have Firefox & AVG Anti-Virus running, and whatever Windows has running. It says it's eating up about 1.15 GBs of my 2 GBs of RAM. I'm also running an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.6 Ghz with Hyper Threading, and an ATI Radeon X700 Pro video card with 256 MBs of DDR3 RAM connected via PCI-E.

Hmm.Thats odd.The part about it takes 1.15GB out of 2GB.Granted my install is a lot slimmer but under normal conditions never goes over 750MB.