cannot delete partitions with nlited install cd

gbmolina

hi, i think I have discovered a bug in nlite, or, I am removing something I shouldn't be (i follow strictly all guides and recommendations about what not to remove). the thing is, when there are more than 2 partitions, usually the nlited installation does not work properly, even if you try to delete the partitions, nothing happens, the PC starts to behiave like if there is no HDD at all, this does not happen with new computers, as a matter of fact, it does not happen with most of computers, but this is the 4th time I have encountered this error using the same nlited installation of win xp sp2 which normally works fine. the workaround for this is format again using a clean win xp cd.

has anyone come accros this?

I wrote to nuhi but he did not reply... :unsure:

hi, i think I have discovered a bug in nlite, or, I am removing something I shouldn't be (i follow strictly all guides and recommendations about what not to remove). the thing is, when there are more than 2 partitions, usually the nlited installation does not work properly, even if you try to delete the partitions, nothing happens, the PC starts to behiave like if there is no HDD at all, this does not happen with new computers, as a matter of fact, it does not happen with most of computers, but this is the 4th time I have encountered this error using the same nlited installation of win xp sp2 which normally works fine. the workaround for this is format again using a clean win xp cd.

could have been a fat to ntfs converter thing... is you'r hdd a fat or ntf one?

ntfs, but it does not really matter coz I delete the partitions and still the nlite installation won't run, the clean win xp cd does run... :blink:

ntfs, but it does not really matter coz I delete the partitions and still the nlite installation won't run, the clean win xp cd does run... :blink:

do no errors come up or anything? you must have removed something important...

do no errors come up or anything? you must have removed something important...

nope, nop errors at all, like I told before: I have used the same installation hunderdth of times, it only comes up when there are more than two partitions.