oembios question : slipstreaming sp3 into a dell xp home oem disc.

bledd

should i copy the original oembios files (4 of them) to the new disc after it's slipstreamed before rebuilding it?

using it on a dell laptop that came with the sp2 xp oem disc, thanks

you shouldn't have to.

to build my dell oem cd's, i usually start with an SP0 retail or vlk cd to create the slipstream directory. then copy oembios*, pidgen, dpcdll, setupp.ini, eula.txt, and winnt.sif from any dell oem cd into the sp0 slipstream directory. then slipstream sp3 and build your iso.

this way you don't get any of the extra dell oem bs.

you shouldn't have to.

to build my dell oem cd's, i usually start with an SP0 retail or vlk cd to create the slipstream directory. then copy oembios*, pidgen, dpcdll, setupp.ini, eula.txt, and winnt.sif from any dell oem cd into the sp0 slipstream directory. then slipstream sp3 and build your iso.

this way you don't get any of the extra dell oem bs.

I did this & SP3 now rejects my Key :angry: Whats up with that, It's a NON pirate disk that came with my Dell PC.

i tried to slipstream sp3 into a dell xp professional, on xp sp2, and customized a few options using nlite, then it refuse my cd-key :(

so i don't think slipstream on xp can solve the prob.

i tried to slipstream sp3 into a dell xp professional, on xp sp2, and customized a few options using nlite, then it refuse my cd-key :(

so i don't think slipstream on xp can solve the prob.

if u do this based on ur sp2 cd,replace pidgen.dll with the one in ur original sp2 cd.

and koawmfot's method also works.