Forcing domain through VPN

Hi, I'm connected to the network at work through a VPN service. When accessing the intranet this way, it's always worked fine before. (I'm guessing it hit the internet, got 'Page not Found', so tried the VPN connection, and got the right page).

However, problem is now if I do that, I get a 'Domain expired' page. It works fine for people in the office, but not over VPN. (Background is the company changed it's name, so the domain actually has been expired, and trying to access it on the internet will give you that domain expired page. But the intranet hasn't been changed, and still uses the old domain name).

So my question is - how can I force IE to use the VPN connection for this domain?

I know with the old VPN connection, you could specify the 'use default gateway on remote network' option. But with the new VPN service, I don't know that it has that setting (or at least I don't know where to find it). Not that I really want to do that anyway - I just want this one domain to go through VPN, not all internet traffic!

Thanks,

Glen.

there needs to be a DNS entry that points "intranet.domain.com" to whatever your internal IP is. A big problem will occur if someone else registers that expired domain.

Your best bet is just changing the name of your intranet site to a valid domain and making that adjustment in your DNS server

If its a standard microsoft PPTP VPN you are making, cant you just tick the "dial another connection first" and use like rendrag says your hosts file or something to point to your intranet location?

That would surely solve it :)