NIC not installed - activation required - endless loop...

tanstaafl

I'm sure its something I did...

I created a new CD, after slipstreaming the latest Ryan UPdate pack, and WMP 11 and IE 7 and updates...

The CD installed perfectly except for a few minor WMP errors (at least I think they were minor), but after the install finished and subsequent reboot, I ran into an impossible problem...

Apparently the NIC driver for the NIC card that was in this system was not included with Windows (I did NOT slipstream a driver pack, but that is next on my list)...

When I tried to log into the system, it informed me that Windows would need to be activated before I could log in... and of course, since there was no internet (becasue there was no network), it silently failed activation and went back to the login screen...

Is there a way to make this behave the same as an install from a normal CD - ie, you have 30 days to activate?

Thanks for listening...

Charles

When I tried to log into the system, it informed me that Windows would need to be activated before I could log in... and of course, since there was no internet (becasue there was no network), it silently failed activation and went back to the login screen...

Is there a way to make this behave the same as an install from a normal CD - ie, you have 30 days to activate?

No one? Not even a guess as to why slipstreaming eliminated my 30 day window to activate?

Edited by tanstaafl