Missing Registry File start-up message

L38Crow

I have recently created Windows Vista x64 Ultimate w/Service Pack 1 DVD on my home machine.

1) I used VMWARE to install Vista x64 Ultimate

2) Pressed Shift+F3 at the OOBE

3) Installed Service Pack 1

4) Run vsp1cln.exe

5) Sysprep to OOBE and generalize

6) Used imagex to capture image

... Tested image in VMWARE enviroment - it worked great. I used that method - because after integration SP1 (wave1) into Russian Windows Vista Ultimate x64with vLite 1.1.6 RC I had issues with MSDTC and other services failed to start right after installation.

At last - I created ISO (with help of VLite), burned to DVD-RW and tried to open that DVD with VLite on a different computer.

That's whe it gives me an error - Missing registry file, please report if unexpected.

Then I tried reinstalling VLite with a latest RC version from the site - It didn't work.

So on the first computer - Windows Vista x64 Ultimate - I can open disk in VLite without problems.

On the second computer - Windows Vista x64 Business - I can't open disk. It gives me an error - "Missing registry file". Uninstalling/Installing Vlite doesn't help.

I tried to search forums and found nothing. Can anyone help? Any suggestions?

Edited by L38Crow

So you are saying that wave1 slipstream fails on Russian?

You didn't actually removed anything when that MSDTC failed?

If you did attach your preset please.

Edited by nuhi

Hi nuhi!

Actually I did not remove anything! I didn't even activate that feature of VLite during integration.

I can't say it really fails.... Here is a whole story:

1) I tried to create Vista Russian SP1 integrated with vlite 1.1.6 RC.

2) It says evertyhing is done ok. No errors.

3) I burned ISO to DVD

4) Tried that ISO in VMWARE envoronment

5) I had no errors during installation and everything is seems to be fine.

6) So I pressed Shift+F3 at the OOBE start-up screen. Just to create another image also containing additional software

7) After that I can't use sysprep again... It gives an error... According to event log MSDTC service could not be started...

So I decided something went wrong...

Even if I don't press Shift+F3 and continue installation as normal - some of Vista services are failed to start and I have Vista with classic Windows XP interface ;-(

So I decided to integrate SP1 without help of vLite... It worked... Evertyhing seems to be fine this time.

If I can be of any help regarding wave-1 integration using VLite - please say so and I'll do my best...

Glad to be of service.

Any idea why I can't open working disk with vLite on another (Vista business) computer? (Missing registry file, please report if unexpected error)

F9N7WaibvlwUBnwRA2nkZ9lgEoEYGFOWKeRMrAS5.jpg

Edited by L38Crow

Im having the same problem, I used Vlite to install SP1 and then installed the OS. entered audit mode

installed a few programs, then tried to run sysprep. and got msdtc errors. so I opend a comand prompt

and typed "msdtc -uninstall" and then "msdtc -install" now sysprep worked without errors, rebooted into

another OS and imaged the install with imagex. but when I try to open the image with Vlite I get a

Missing Registry File error.

I am recving the same error.

I have Vista w/ SP1 on the DVD. I have posted a message on the board; but has replied back on why 116 RC is getting the error.

I have not tried a version down to see what happens.

I will try that tonight.

bA