PerfectDisk 2008 (Build 52)

Cee-Kay

Raxco has updated PerfectDisk 2008...

What's new in PerfectDisk 2008 Build 52

• New Features

1. Improved boot time defragmentation performance.

• Bug Fixes

1. Fixed boot time defrag issue on very large drives.
  2. Occasionally boot time defragmentation passes cannot move a file. Changes were made to minimize this condition.
  3. A change was made to the boot time defragmentation code to work around changes in Vista SP1. Previously user may have received a driver conflict message and the boot-time defragmentation pass was skipped.
  4. When querying files with more than 1000 names, PD91Engine may some times crash. This has been fixed.
  5. During a boot time defragmentation pass on Vista the computer sometimes failed to reboot after the defragmentation pass completed. This has been fixed.
  6. Fixed defragmentation schedules that would run "in series" while scheduled "in parallel".
  7. Added to the Excluded Files tab all files excluded from defragmentation by default.
  8. Formatted the display of file and drive sizes as xxx.xx.
  9. Put a higher resolution PerfectDisk icon that is displayed when switching applications via Alt-Tab.
  10. The file $Secure:$SDS is no longer excluded from online defragmentation.
  11. Fixed inconsistencies and omissions in PerfectDisk's Support Info.
  12. Fixed negative value of Number of Clusters on the Drive Properties dialog.
  13. Fixed not working "?" (Help) icons.
  14. Fixed statistics errors saved to a file in File Organization Summary section.
  15. Fixed network port configuration via Config.ini file.
  16. Fixed find files selection on the drive map for small (~300Mb) drives.

Run the built-in updater to update to the latest version or download the update from the direct links below...

>> x86 English Languange

>> x64 English Languange

Edited by Cee-Kay

• 1 month later...

Remember: the longer the degramentation takes, the better the application is. :hello:

Well, not really- it also depends on the defrag engine. Windows XP defragger is dead slow but doesn't defrag all that well either. Also, I don't like to wait around for defrag to end before I can use the computer. My system has 1+ TB in it right now and will soon be 2TB, so defragging that on a schedule or manually is too much of a hassle for me. My automatic defragmenter does this stuff in the background, and I can use my PC simultaneously too. I like the auto defrag concept..very slick and convenient. :thumbup