New Connection Wizard

seskanda

This is rather strange. Whenever i make a new connection (e.g. 'connect to the internet' or a Dial-up/VPN connection) via the wizard, it bypasses TWO parts the: 'Public Network' & 'Connection Availablity' screens. I not sure what the first window is for, but the latter is important to me, since it lets everyone or only the admin use the connection. I'm attaching a picture the missing windows. I have two users on my PC, it ihas XP Pro SP2. Any idea why this happens and what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

post-83861-1208248469_thumb.jpg

bump

Could this feature have been removed from XP Pro SP2? My other two PC's have the same problem. If nobody knows how to fix this, then is there any other way i can make a new connection NOT accessible to another user? I can't find anything in Group Policy either.

Do you mean the first screen that comes up after you open the connection? I've attached a pic of it below. That box ONLY saves the user name and/or password for a specific user. That's all i could find, the Properties button has nothing to make the connection solely for an admin.

post-83861-1208407490_thumb.jpg